Find out how to make this lovely Bloomsbury box from Country Living magazine.
Looking for an easy and effective DIY to do this summer?
It’s great for keeping all your precious mementoes in one place or it could be the perfect box to keep all your craft and sewing essentials in.
What would you use yours for?
Find the full DIY from Country Living below
What you will need:
- Large wooden box
- Small screwdriver
- Wide brush
- Water-based primer
- Emulsion paint
- Thick paper or card
- Acrylic retarder gel
- 1cm-width piece cut from an old bank card
- Wooden skewer
- Cotton buds
- Kitchen paper
Step by step instructions:
- Unscrew hinges from the box and put to the side
- Cover box with water-based primer, and paint some card to practice on
- Once dry mix equal parts of emulsion and acrylic retarder gel, then paint your card.
- Practice making patterns in the paint on the card using both your bank card and skewer.
- When you’re happy with the patterns you have on the card you can move on to the box and create your design in the paint.
- Make sure each side is dry before moving on the paint the next.
- Once the lid is dry you can decorate the sides
- Reattach the hinges and clasp once the box is dry.
We love seeing all the things people create with our products so make sure you tag us in all your creations on our socials and make sure you check out country living magazine for lots more creative ways to make your house a country home.