Let’s get festive!
Don’t worry, we haven’t lost our minds completely, we know the summer holidays have just started and we’re in the middle of a heat wave, and although we spend most of the year resisting the urge to sing Slade at the top of our lungs, we know, for most of you, Christmas is the furthest thing from your mind. But for those festive few in our craft club who have already started Christmas prep, this is the DIY for you.
This little guy couldn’t be easier, or more affordable, to make. Not only do you get 2 hanging owl decorations in each pack but you also get everything you need to make them, including, stuffing, a needle and thread and all his adorable trimmings, for just £1.50! I know hard to believe isn’t it, but if one man can make it around the world in one night stopping off to give every well-behaved child a gift, then, you better believe that we can give you all of this for a stocking stuffer price.
We think this is going to be the perfect Christmas present this year, either stitch them up and give them away as a decoration or gift them in the pack for your friends to make their own.
If you want to see just how easy they are to make then stick around, we’ve got a step by step guide on how to make this handsome chap.
Christmas Owl Video guide
Christmas Owl Step by step instructions
- Sew together the two main body sections inserting the arms and feet, leaving one of the sides open.
- Inset the stuffing through the gap and then continue to sew the edges
- Tie off the end of the stitch line to secure.
- Attach the self-stick tummy, eyes, beak and hat into position as shown (use the glue dots provided if needed).
- Using the ribbon attach this to the top of the hat to make the ribbon hanger.
- Attach the white pom-pom using the glue dot provided.
Shop all our Christmas crafts here!