Come on, ‘fess up… who’s done one of these? We all have our shortcuts that we have to take in order to keep our sanity. We all know that raising children isn’t easy. But these confessions from real life mums could make you pause and think, “Maybe I should try that…” At the very least they’ll make you giggle and goodness knows we parents could do with a few of those sometimes!! Enjoy!
1. ‘I throw candy wrappers behind the couch and then blame the kids when my husband finds them.’
2. ‘I’m wearing maternity jeans but I haven’t been pregnant in 6 years.’
3. ‘I just ripped a giant fart in front of my 2 yr old son. He’s now chasing me around the house insisting I lay down so he can change my diaper.’
4. ‘My son just told me very seriously over breakfast that he has a crush on Iron Man. Needless to say, I’m in complete shock. What son of mine would choose Iron Man over Captain America?’
5. ‘Parenting is 50% mundane unending tending, 30% awful, and 20% amazing.’
6. ‘Took a bubble bath and put on a teeny tiny nightie for my hubby. He pulled me close for a passionate kiss. As he ran his fingers through my hair, two small Legos fell out.’
7. ‘Baby was screaming so loud when DH got home that he just walked over, flicked him w/water from his glass and chanted “The power of Christ compels you”‘
8. ‘If I hold anything in my arms over 5 pounds I instantly start rocking back and forth. The line at the store was long enough that I finally got that damn watermelon to sleep! :)’
9. ‘My 6-year-old HATES brushing her teeth. Sometimes I give her a mint or gum to avoid the argument!! I’d rather have her go without brushing than miss school!’
10. ‘I throw my kids’ crafts away when they are asleep. I can’t take all that stuff lying around the house. I mean, we keep some of it too, but a gal can only take so many sparkles, gumdrops, and pretzel sticks glued to paper! Then when they ask where it went, I quickly place the blame back on them. Well, where did you put it? I’m horrible.’
11. ‘I have been ‘sick’ on numerous dinner nights at my mother-in-law’s. Once my husband and kids leave, I open a bottle of wine and turn on the TV’
12. ‘Last week I was caught eating Nutella from the jar. Not wanting to share, I told my kids it was poop. They in turn told every single one of their friends that I eat poop from a jar. Whatever, I’d do it again.’
What are your parenting confessions? We’d love to know them. Leave us a comment!