Consider yourself a true bookworm? Love nothing better than settling down for a few more chapters of your latest must-read novel? Then you’re in the right place!
1. Having a book in your bag makes you secure
Against what, we don’t know, but life just feels better knowing you have a book in your bag.
2. Sniffing a book isn’t weird
Like a fine wine, they have a scent all of their own.
3. There’s no such thing as just one favourite book
Don’t ask us to choose, that’s ridiculous. Can you choose a favourite child? Actually, don’t answer that.
4. A romance with a fictional character IS as powerful as IRL
Ish. Hey, you can dream right?
5. Not liking reading isn’t a thing
And if it is, we don’t want to know about it. How empty a life without reading must be.
6. Book addiction is stronger than shoe addiction
Book bargains? Cheap books? You’re not umming and arring, they’re in your bag quicker than you can say 6 for £10!
7. A Library card is better than a black AmEx
Endless escapism? Adventures that are only bound by the limitations of the imagination…? Yeah, we’ll take that.
8. When Beast showed Belle the library…
Move over Fifty Shades, that was seriously HOT!
9. You’ll know the one because they won’t mind the bedside lamp being on…
Because bedtime reading is non-negotiable.
10. Long journeys are made for reading
Unless you get car sick… Or are driving, because that’s just dangerous. But trains, planes and passenger time equals reading time. Get over it.
11. Never disturb someone when they’re nearing the end of a book
Slowly back out of the room. Now.
12. And don’t even think of talking to someone who’s literally just finished a book
That’s a special time and your reality is not theirs. It’s called a book hangover and it can last some time. Do not approach.
13. Yes, actually, bookmarks are a good gift
Where’s one when you need one, eh? Because otherwise we’ll use literally *anything* not to lose our place.
14. Keep your spa, give us a book in the bath
The ultimate indulgence. Candles optional.
15. A book inscription is the most beautiful love letter of all
A romantic note in the title page of a book? Yes, please.
16. Ripping apart the TV/movie version of a book is the best bit
If they have to ruin it, you’ll darn well let everyone know about it.
17. It’s okay to feel smug when people haven’t read the book
There’s nothing more satisfying than knowing something they don’t!
18. The struggle when you’ve finished a book series…
You’ll miss those characters soooo much.
19. You’ve been caught crying in public while reading a book
Because it’s upsetting when your favourite character dies, okay? It hurts.
20. There is only way of arranging a bookshelf
And it’s by height order. Genre. Spine colour. Okay, there isn’t one way, but your way is the right way. End of.
21. When a book comes back from a friend dog-eared – That’s. It.
A friendship should be immediately terminated in this situation.
22. Holiday packing is far more difficult than you think
Just take flip flops. That’ll do. Then more room for boooooooks!
23. You’d much rather curl up with a book than…. anything else
It’s a no brainer.
If you want cheap books to devour (and seriously, you’ve got this far, it’s quite clear that you are a true bookworm!)… head over to The Works for amazing deals on books, book sets, paperbacks, hardbacks… Honestly, you’ll be in heaven!